Introduction to NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) can be life changing and offers a set of skills that transforms all area of someone life.
The pillars of NLP is a good place to start. NLP is an outcome discipline and is about:
- flexibility of behaviour
- sensory acuity – how you observe others
- language – how you use and receive it
- taking action.
Having clear goals (outcomes) in life makes a real difference. Goals give us direction and energy which can bring purpose to life. Once we know where we are going, flexibility to make changes is need based on feedback (Sensory acuity). The world belongs to those that take action.
NLP has underlying beliefs (or assumptions). For example:
- The Map is not the territory
- Mind and body are parts of the system and affect each other
- Meaning of a communication is the response you get
- The law of requisite variety (from cybernetics) which states the person or thing with the most flexibility will control the system or outcome.
- People have all the resources they need to make changes
- The highest quality information about people is behavioural
- There is no such thing as failure only feedback
Modelling Human Excellence creates a set of powerful techniques, for example:
- Anchoring – associating a trigger with an internal response
- Fast phobia cure, also known as double dissociation
- Swish pattern
It is recommend that the best Introduction to NLP is to attend a live training. Within a well run live training, you have plenty of time to interact with the skills and techniques in a structured way and receive feedback. You also can ask questions to gain a deeper understanding.
Once you have attended a live NLP Training, the books tend to make sense and can help with your understanding of the theory behind Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
We wish you well on your journey into NLP and would love to hear your experiences. When you decide to take your training with us, it will be a pleasure to meet you.